Kawasaki Ninja H2 pushed the boundaries of performance motorcycles when it was first released in 2015. It can be called as a first hypersport motorcycle. Now, the Ninja H2 lineup is getting updated for 2019. By lineup we mean, Ninja H2, Ninja H2 Carbon and Ninja H2R.
What are the changes?
Ninja H2 became popular for being a supercharged motorcycle with insane power figures. The 2019 Ninja H2 update will receive more power- 200PS has been bumped up to a whopping 231PS. Additionally, the brakes are updated with Brembo Stylema callipers.
Ninja H2 embodies Kawasaki engineers craftsmanship deliver unadulterated performance in a street-legal package.
Ninja H2 Carbon will be released as a limited edition model that, as the name suggests gets several carbon fibre bits and bobs. The entire front bodykit is made out of carbon fibre. These updates are getting these street legal bikes closer to the Track only Ninja H2R.
2019 Ninja H2R is also getting updated. It’s getting new Brembo Stylema front calipers, a redesigned supercharged emblem, and Kawasaki’s Highly Durable self-healing Paint.
The instrumentation display of 2019 Ninja H2 lineup gets a new TFT display with four selectable display layout. There is also smartphone connectivity that opens up ways to interact with the bike. Kawasaki ZX-10R is the most affordable superbike in India
Through Kawasaki smartphone app, a number of instrument functions can be accessed and altered. The information that can be accessed through app includes:
- Motorcycle information- fuel remaining, odometer, trip meter, maintenance schedule, battery condition, etc.
- Riding record including GPS route information, speed, rpm, gear position, fuel mileage, etc
- Telephone notices: when a call, text or mail is received by the smartphone, this information is overlayed on the new TFT display.
- Ride settings: general instrument display settings (such as power or riding modes and ride support aids, such as Kawasaki Quick Shifter (KQS,) can be adjusted via the smartphone as well as by manual switch
The app can also be used when away from the motorcycle. When riding (with the app ON), the bike and smartphone are always connected. Once the engine is turned off, or the smartphone is out of range of the instrument’s chip, the latest riding information is stored by the app and may be viewed on the smartphone. Any changes made via the app while the engine is off, or while out of range, will be implemented as soon as the ignition is turned on and the smartphone is in range with the app ON. Read my review of Healtech aftermarket quickshifter
Kawasaki engineers are offering another party trick- self healing paint that’s developed in-house. However, Kawasaki has not revealed how it works or how quick it heals.
The 2019 Ninja H2 is offered in Mirror Coated Spark Black paint, while the 2019 Ninja H2 Carbon is offered in Mirror Coated Matte Spark Black / Golden Blazed Green with its clear coated raw carbon fibre front fairing.
To ride powerful motorcycles like H2, you need to know the Importance of Good Vision on a Motorcycle
- 4 Symptoms of a Bad Car Thermostat & How to Fix it? - July 1, 2022
- Do Octane Boosters Work? Our Top 5 Recommendations - June 21, 2022
- Cost of getting Car Battery Replaced - June 2, 2022