At the launch of the new Maruti Suzuki Dzire, company officials announced that there are four new cars planned for 2017. Two of them are updates to existing models and two are thoroughly modified. One of those was the Dzire. That cuts the list down to two updated models and one new car. Here’s our list of three upcoming Maruti cars that we think the company is prepping for launch in 2017.
Upcoming Maruti Cars
1. Maruti Swift (New)
No prizes for guessing this one. It’s a long time coming and thanks to the Dzire, we already know what the 2017 Maruti Swift is going to look like in flesh. Sort of!
- Engine: 1.2-litre petrol/1.3-litre diesel
- Transmission: 5-speed manual/5-speed AMT
- Launch Date: December 2017
- Price: Rs. 5 lakh – Rs. 8.5 lakh
2. Maruti S-Cross (Update)
The S-Cross has had its share of ups and downs starting with a down. After the success of the Ciaz, India’s favourite carmaker got overly confident and messed up the pricing big time. The price correction arrived late. The damage was done by then and the S-Cross never recovered. A spacious car with an explosive and frugal 1.6-litre diesel engine made it a tonne of fun.
Features of the 2017 S-Cross facelift could include a new grille with vertical chrome slats, new alloy wheels that don’t look like wheel covers, flat-bottom steering wheel, rear AC vents and minor touch ups here and there.
The upcoming S-Cross was recently spotted doing test runs around Maruti’s Gurgaon plant suggesting an impending launch.
- Engine: 1.3-litre diesel/1.6-litre diesel
- Transmission: 5-speed manual/6-speed manual
- Launch Date: October 2017
- Price: Rs. 8 lakh – Rs. 12 lakh
3. Maruti Brezza (Update)
Ignis, Baleno, Dzire, Ciaz, S-Cross and the upcoming Swift, all pack two airbags and ABS as standard equipment. That leaves the Brezza alone selling passenger airbag and ABS for extra cash in lower variants. Maruti Suzuki is proactively adding safety features and getting rid of the option packs on all cars with a starting price tag above Rs. 4.6 lakh starting with the Ignis. The Brezza could get the safety treatment similar to what the Ciaz experienced, which could bring about some change in its price tag. As the demand for petrol cars increases, we could also see the Brezza launch with the 1.0-litre Boosterjet engine.
- Engine: 1.3-litre diesel
- Transmission: 5-speed manual
- Launch Date: July 2017
- Price: Rs. 7.5 lakh – Rs. 9.8 lakh
*All prices ex-showroom, Delhi. Tentative launch dates provided based on the available information, product life cycle and market trend.
Also Read: Top 5 #FunToDrive Cars Under Rs. 10 Lakh
New Suzuki S-Cross Official Video-
Latest posts by Guest Author (see all)
- New V8 Hyundai Sports Car Coming To Detroit Auto Show - November 18, 2017
- 2018 Lexus NX 300h Showcased, Starting Price Rs. 60 Lakh - November 18, 2017
- TVS Group Becomes A Component Supplier For Tesla - November 18, 2017